Temple Pic.

Temple Pic.
Tegucigalpa, Honduras Temple

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Food, skits and a bat!


So I don´t even know where to begin! But, first sorry my e mail was late we had an activity for the Hermanas yesterday in Tegucigalpa which is a good 3 and half hours away from my area so we had to wake up at 3 in the morning to catch the 4 o´clock bus to Tegucigalpa.   The activity was so fun! We had a little program of musical numbers and then Hermana Fortuna (My mission Pres. wife) spoke to us for a bit and then we had a couple skits. My area of Hermana´s did a skit and it turned out really good! It was definitely a great activity.

Anyway, on Sunday me and my companion woke up to find a bat clinging to the back of our mirror on the wall! But, we didn´t have time to do anything with it because we had to pick up investigators for church. So, when we got home we had a little boy from next door come over to get it out. When he hit the mirror our little bat friend just fell to floor... I guess he was dying and decided our orange mirror was a good place to end his life. But, before we knew he was dying we were freaked out! It ended up being a good Sunday though, because we had 5 investigators with us at church was incredible! And we´re hoping to have that many with us watching General Conference this week!

So the food here is actually really good. So far I´ve had baleadas, papusas, chocobananos, and these really good bananas that have to be cooked before you can eat them. We´ve only been fed once by an investigator this far, but she gave us 3 or 4 tortillas each with beans and this white stuff called Mantequilla. (Mantequilla is similar to sour cream, but has a bit of a different flavor) It was actually really good! Here everyone makes homemade tortillas and they are delicious. Also, one of our investigators told us that sometime she would teach us how to make tamales which I am so excited for!

My area is called Marcalla and it´s way up in the mountains, but despite what you are all used to thinking about mountains it is still so hot and humid here all the time. Our area is huge and we walk everywhere! So I definitely get my good share of cardio in everyday.  Apparently this area has a reputation of being pretty slow and not baptizing a lot, but my companion and I have had lots of luck with finding new investigators and we even have one with a baptismal date! Well everything is great here in Honduras and I love it here a lot!

Love Always,

Hermana Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment