Temple Pic.

Temple Pic.
Tegucigalpa, Honduras Temple

Monday, April 7, 2014

April 7, 2014 Email


AH! I can´t believe that it´s already Monday again. The General Conference sessions yesterday and Saturday were full of the spirit and much inspiration. However, I only got to watch the Sunday morning session in English, because the internet connection here is not very good. Although I could not understand hardly anything I was still able to feel the spirit and I did catch a few key points from each speaker. Also, between the 4 sessions we had 7 investigators come! And 3 of them were a complete surprise for us. We had just talked to them the day before and casually invited them. Usually when we do that people don't come, but lo and behold half way through the last session they all piled into the chapel. It was so awesome! The church is true.

Also, more exciting news! I got my first letter yesterday and it was from Mariah Moody! What is this family?? I want to hear from you guys too! Ha, but I love you all anyway. So I want to tell you a little bit more about my area. Here having a bike is the coolest thing ever, so all the kids and parents have their own bikes and they ride them everywhere. But not only do they ride them everywhere, they try to take as many people as possible on one bike. Each bike always has anywhere from 2 to 4 people on it. These Hondurans are very creative in squeezing people on bikes. Also as we are walking around there are school buses and other buses constantly passing us. But, these buses aren't for taking children to school. They are the taxis that everyone takes to get from one city to another and (just like the bikes) they squeeze as many people as humanly possible into each bus.

Well I love it here a lot! Despite the constant heat, humidity, and dirt everywhere God does know where his children need to be and he puts us where people need us as well. Keep up the faith and never falter!

 

Love,

Hermana Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment