Temple Pic.

Temple Pic.
Tegucigalpa, Honduras Temple

Monday, April 14, 2014

April 14, 2014 Cold bucket shower!


P.S. The language is finally starting to come... more an understanding of the language than me actually speaking it, but Hey! That's a start right! :)

 

This week has been a very interesting one! First off one of our progressing familias dropped us!! My companion said that, that has never happened to her before. They just straight up told us they weren't ready for baptism so unfortunately we won't be going back for a while. But, on a happier note to boys (Wilmer y Joseluis) that we are teaching are progressing very quickly and we are hoping that they will be baptized in the next week or two.

Also this week I decided to be a little adventurous with my cooking and attempted banana bread and peanut butter cookies on the stove top. But, no matter what it is that we cook on the stove top it always ends up being a cakey texture. But, I guess the important thing is that it still tastes good. However, the day that we made banana bread I forgot to clean out the pot that night so this resulted in my companion and I both having to take FREEZING cold bucket showers the next day. All, because I forgot to clean out the pot that we use to heat up our water. I felt bad, but it definitely made us count our blessings and appreciate our warm bucket showers every day.

Starting this week we now have a member that we pay to cook us 3 lunches a week and her food is so good! It's usually some kind of meat with rice and ALWAYS a whole stack of tortillas. It is so good, but she always gives us so much food! Which I am definitely not complaining about. This member and her spouse are so kind and have offered to sit in on a lot of our lessons. They take really good care of us.

This week (if you can believe it) we actually had what is called a frente de frijo, which is when out of the blue it is cold for a few days. But, no worries, because now it is back to being roasting hot again. I love it here so much and the people are great!

 

Much Love,

Hermana Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment