Temple Pic.

Temple Pic.
Tegucigalpa, Honduras Temple

Monday, April 21, 2014

April 21 2014


Familia,

Okay so last Monday my district got to go hike to a waterfall and it was so so pretty from the top, the only problem was as we started hiking down to the base the Distric Leader decided it was too dangerous so we didn ´t get to go all the way down to the bottom which was a bit of a bummer. But, it was still really pretty from the top. Also, everyday I feel like I´m on some crazy hike with the Graham´s, because most of our investigators live at 20 minutes out of the main city area. My shoes are already starting to wear out a little, but I love our investigators.

The other morning we went to help Hna. Maria make tamales. People here do things so different. It was so funny to see her gutting the shicken and then, instead of cutting it into peices with a regular knife, she pulls out the machete and starts hacking away. It was really interesting to watch and we got to help her grind up the corn, because here everything is made from scratch scratch, it´s pretty cool! Also, this same day another investigator fed us something that was similar to french toast but better. I can´t remember what it´s called right now, but one day I´ll learn how to make it.

The past few days me and my companion have been chased by so many wild dogs, chickens, and geese. And it may be hard to believe, but being chased by the angry geese was probably the scariest of the three. There are always crazy chickens walking around everywhere, but usually they don´t chase us. But, last night we went to visit a menos activo named Hno. Santos Emilio and he took us into his back yard to show us his chickens. And instead of having a chicken coop or just letting his chickens roam free like most people here, he has trained all of his chickens to climb a rail into this tree. So, basically he has this huge tree that is full of chickens! It was one of the funniest things I´ve seen since I´ve been here. These people are great! I love you all mucho!

 

Love,

Hermana Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment