Temple Pic.

Temple Pic.
Tegucigalpa, Honduras Temple

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

P.S.


P.S.

I forgot to tell you guys about two other events! First, the dedication of the CCM was on Sunday and it was so amazing! Elder Oakes came and spoke to us and gave the dedicatory prayer. As soon as he walked into the auditorium you could feel the spirit so strongly. It's amazing to think how in tune the Brethren have to be in order to be so close to God and have his spirit so strong every day. Elder Oakes spoke about Preach My Gospel and what a truly amazing tool it is. Not only does it outline the lessons so well, but it allows us as missionaries to personalize each lesson depending upon the needs of our investigators at that time! He also spoke about this generation of missionaries. He said that not only are we younger, but we are required to do and learn so much more than ever before! But he said that he knows with all of his heart that we are capable of such a task! His words were inspiring and I loved listening to him! The second thing I forgot to mention was our service project yesterday. First off, me and my compeƱera got lost and separated from our District so we just followed another District that was doing service. They took us to one of the casa's in the back corner of campus to clean it out. Some Elders had lived there before and it was disgusting! To clean the floors we literally just poured buckets and buckets of water on the floors in every single room and pushed it around with a broom to scrub all of the dirt and such out of the corners and we would push all of the water right out the front door or into the drains that are in each bathroom. Speaking of bathrooms.... Hermana Grow and I got assigned a certain room and bathroom to clean. So I went into the bathroom to scrub out the shower and there wasn't just 1 or 2, but there was THREE dead cockroaches lying belly up in the shower! EEWWW! It was so gross, but lucky for me the Elders came in and found them fascinating and took care of them for me. I was just so glad that I didn't have to touch them, because they were huge! Well that about sums up my adventures from this week! I can't wait to hear from all of you again! Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment