Temple Pic.

Temple Pic.
Tegucigalpa, Honduras Temple

Monday, September 8, 2014

September 8, 2014

So, on Wednesday I rcvd my new companion! Her name is Hna. Almendras. She´s from Bolivia and is 20 years old. She´s super sweet and helps  me out with my spanish when I confuse my words during the lessons. I´ve really enjoyed this first week of training. It´s been wonderful, because I can take all the good things I learned from my other companions and put them all together and get rid of all the things that I didn´t like. But also, it´s super hard because you are in charge of EVERYTHING. My companion doesn´t know the area or the investigators or the members so I have to take the initiative to show her the ropes. I know it´s going to be hard, but I¨m super excited. Also, our first day here we put a goal to baptize 10 people in these 3 months that we´re going to have together. Wow, we´ve got some work to do, but we´ll get there.
This week we also had a conference with Elder Ochoa of the SEventy of the area and the YOung Men President of the entire church. They talked to us about the importance of the Sacrament and how we need to make sure that our investigators and the members here understand the symbolism. As members of the church we really have a great opportunity to cleanse ourselves every Sunday and renew our baptismal covenants with God. How lucky are we to have the opportunity
 to have a clean slate EVERY week. That really is such a blessing that I didn´t quite fully understand before. I hope that this week as you partake of the sacrament you will think about what it really means for you personally. I love being a missionary and I love sharing this message of happiness with everyone whether they will hear us out or not. Remember the Savior always.
Much Love,

Hermana Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment