Temple Pic.

Temple Pic.
Tegucigalpa, Honduras Temple

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

September 1 2014

My Dear Family,
   So, last Monday in the afternoon we got a call from Presidente Fortuna and guess what?... I bet you'll never guess... I'm going to train! I'm super excited, but super nervous too, because I still have a lot of things to learn for myself. But, I figure if President called me (and he's an inspired servant of the Lord) I must have something to teach a brand new missionary. I went to a meeting for all the people that are going to train in this transfer and all of the names of the new-bes have Latina last names so I'm like 95% sure that my companion will be Latin and speak better Spanish than me. But, in the mission the important thing isn't how much of the language you can speak. It's more about your determination to bring the spirit into every lesson you teach and have a genuine love for the people you teach. In this meeting the very last thing that Pres. Fortuna said was "No hay tiempo para temor" or in other words "there isn't time to be scared". And that was exactly what I needed to hear. In the mission there really isn't time to be scared of whether people are going to slam a door in your face or reject the gospel. If we're doing all that we can to do our part and let the people know why we're here than God is going to help us with the rest. He will never leave us alone. So in short... I"m still nervous, but I'm super excited to train.
   Also, we had intercambios this week and I got to go visit a different area with Hna. Ludlow. She was wonderful and gave me lots of encouragement and words of advice for training. Right now I'm just super excited and almost can't wait until Wednesday to receive my companion. Well that's all I've got for this week. Stay strong, be bold, and have courage, because this life is too short to be afraid of sharing what we know with the people around us.
  All My Love,

Hermana Hansen 

No comments:

Post a Comment