Temple Pic.

Temple Pic.
Tegucigalpa, Honduras Temple

Monday, September 15, 2014

September 15, 2014

Querido Familia,
   This past Tuesday I had the opportunity to go to the temple for the 2nd time here in the mission and it was beautiful and amazing as always. Our mission President always stresses the importance of going to the temple with a question in mind, because when we´re in the temple we are more open to receive personal revelation. My question this week was... How can I fully give myself over to the Lord? Right now I’m trying so hard to lose myself in this work, but sometimes it´s hard with the daily distractions that we have every day. As I was sitting and pondering after the session I got my answer. If I really, truly have a desire to lose myself in this work I have to love the people, and if I want to truly love the people I have to think of them and treat them as if they were my own family. And that shouldn´t be so hard seeing that we literally are brothers and sisters here on the earth. So, I made a goal that from here on out I´m going to teach every person as if they were my brother or sister or my aunt or uncle. I know if we have that kind of mindset it will be nearly impossible to not have deep love for each person that we teach. But, with everything there is opposition. In this week we lost two investigators... they told us that they couldn´t meet with us anymore because of one thing or another or just that they weren´t interested. It was heart breaking for me and my trainee, but we´re moving forward with our chins up and with faith that there are other people out there just waiting to hear about the gospel. Remember that nothing is impossible with God and that we can overcome any obstacle with his help. I love you all so much!
Sigan Adelante!
Much Love

Hermana Brooklyn Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment