Temple Pic.

Temple Pic.
Tegucigalpa, Honduras Temple

Monday, August 4, 2014

August 4, 2014 A new area with new changes, but the food is good!

This week I had the grand opportunity of going to a dentist here in Honduras. I was a little scared for my life, but don't worry she fixed my retainer and I think things should be good from here on out. Also, if anyone is worried about me not eating enough here because the food is different, don't even give that a second thought. This week we went to have lunch with the Sierra family and she seriously gave us enough food for 5 lunches!! A huge pile of tajeritas (it's kind of like eating a stack of potato chips with cabbage and parmesan and a red sauce), 2 tamales, a big bowl of rice soup, and then to top it all off a nice little cookie. Directly after this meal we went to visit an investigator that gave us two more tamales to eat. I thought I was going to explode because there was so much food inside of me!
   On a happier note, we married a family and had 5 baptisms this weekend. We were so excited for this couple to get married and we bought a cake and everything. And one of the members here was helping the bride out with her hair and makeup too and right when we were leaving the house to head to the church for the wedding, the lights went out. I was so worried and just said a quick, pleading prayer in my heart that we could still have this wedding. When we got to the church everyone followed us inside and we had this wedding with 2 flashlights and phone. It was quite the experience and I don't think that they will ever forget it either.
   This fast Sunday was amazing. In the first 10 seconds of the meeting there were 14 people sitting up on the stand waiting to bear their testimony. I had never seen that happen before and it was quite the site. It reminded me of the importance of bearing our testimony every chance we get. We don't have to get up there and talk for 5 or 10 either. Yesterday we heard from about 30 different people in this new ward and everyone only talked for about 1 or 2 minutes. It was a powerful meeting and I was so grateful that our new converts got to experience a meeting like that. I hope you all remember that and bear a strong, but brief testimony in every opportunity that God gives you. I love you all tons.
Les Amo Mucho,

Hermana Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment