Temple Pic.

Temple Pic.
Tegucigalpa, Honduras Temple

Monday, August 18, 2014

August 18 2014 No electricity for 5 days

I´m glad to hear that everyone is alive, healthy, and doing well. Church yesterday was good. I´m finally at the point that I can understand the whole lesson (minus a few words or phrases), so I actually feel like I¨m learning doctrine in church instead of Spanish. I can´t wait til I get the chance to get my back fixed up a bit, because there are days that it bothers me a bit when we´re sitting in lessons. But, I’ve been super blessed with health and all that jazz during this 6 months. I love you tons Mom!
Love,
  Brooklyn

So today is Day 5 that my companion and I have not had electricity in our apartment. We even took the light bill and delivered it to the Elders in the office and they still haven´t paid it, so Thursday night we came home to no light because they cut our connection. The evenings are a little sad without light, because we can´t study, or write, or read, or really do anything. We just sit in the dark on our beds and talk until the elders call us to get our numbers. But, it´s just another experience of the mission right?!
The members and investigators here love to teach us how to cook and in this week I got to learn how to make chicken empanadas and pastel de tres leche (3 milk cake). This cake is absolutely delicious and I´m feeling blessed that I know how to make it now.

This Wed. we had a Zone Conference with our mission President and it was wonderful. He talked a lot about faith and fear and how they can´t co-exist (I’m not 100% sure if that is a word in English), because one of them will always overcome the other. If we let our faith drop then fear will take over, but if we strive to increase our faith, then we will have no fear to prevent us from acting on our faith. It´s really a simple concept.  And this week I´ve been putting it into practice. I´ve had a bit of a fear inviting people to baptism in the first visit (even though PMG tells us that we should), but this week I decide to take the challenge and initiative to invite all of our new investigators to baptism in the first visit and it´s amazing the things I´ve seen. Not everyone accepts the invitation, but the spirit there is so strong. Also, in this conference the family that we baptized came and sat up front and all the missionaries got to ask them questions about their conversion and how they felt when we invited them to do certain things. It was a powerful meeting and amazing to see the great amount of faith that these new converts have in the gospel. It was definitely a rewarding experience.
Well, things here in Honduras are great. We´re always hot, sweaty, and we walk EVERYWHERE. I feel super blessed to be where I am and am thankful to my father in heaven for this opportunity, because it really is an opportunity of a lifetime. I love you all and pray for you often.
Mucho Amor,

Hermana Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment