Temple Pic.

Temple Pic.
Tegucigalpa, Honduras Temple

Monday, August 25, 2014

August 25 2014 Electricity again!

Querido Familia,
   We have light in our apartment again! And let me tell you that I am so happy and so grateful for electricity, so don't take it for granted. This week we got to do service in an area called 21 de Mayo in a cemetary that is a little ways away from the chapel there. The elders all got machetes to chop away all the weeds and long grass that has started to grow over the vault/headstone things. And the hermanas got to pick up trash and sweep off all the vaults. The cemetery’s here are a bit different than those in the states, but it was kinda neat to see.
   This week we received a reference from a Hermana in the ward and this man was chosen of God. His name is Romel and he already knows a lot about the church and loves the member. Right before our first lesson with him we had a meeting and learned the importance of stating our authority and our purpose in the first visit. OUr authority is that we are literally representatives of Jesus Christ and our purpose is to invite others to come unto him through baptism. My companion was an awesome example for me in this lesson. At the end of the lesson she just said it straight our with no hesitation, " Hermano we have a purpose here as missionaries and it's not just to teach you the word of God. We're here to baptize you so you can return to live in the presence of God again." Whoah, ya.... I was pretty blown away. I've never been so direct with an investigator, but like I said, he was chosen and he accepted a baptism date and everything. I'll definitely keep you updated on him.
  Well, that's all I've got for now but I promise I'm alive and doing well and loving the work. Miss you all and love you tons.

-Hermana Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment