Temple Pic.

Temple Pic.
Tegucigalpa, Honduras Temple

Monday, July 21, 2014

July 21 2014 The last photos we took as a district before Cambios this Wednesday!




So yesterday I was supposed to play piano in Sacrament Meeting for the first time and I was pretty excited. We left the piano in the chapel the night before and when we got there in the morning it was gone! It's an electric piano, so it can be moved easily. The problem is we don't know if a member moved it and it's hiding somewhere in the church or is someone (somehow) stole it. I felt so bad, because yesterday was most likely my last Sunday here so they'll have to stick with the CD version of the hymns until they finally find the piano again. Also, I taught Gospel Principles for the second time and it was TONS better. Well, I don't know if the actual class was any better, but my Spanish has improved so much in these 6 weeks. The gift of tongues is real.


   Also, my companion is a little crazy and decided to buy one of those miniature ovens that are made to cook miniature pizzas and things, but the good news is we can now make cookies that are soft and delicious and not rock hard like all the other ones that are here. We've tried it twice now and our cooking skills have gotten better each time. Also, one of the members here taught us how to make pastelitas de pina or something similar to mini pineapple pies and they were so good! I can't wait to try them again by myself! I even have a photo that I'll attach to the end of this e-mail.


   The work here in Marcala has picked up substantially and we've seen lots of baptisms from the branch and also from us 6 missionaries. I think it helps the members to gain confidence in us when they see that we really are working and bringing people into the church. When I first got to this area the members needed all the help and support they could get, but now they're actually starting to help us out and realize that they have potential to help out with the missionary work of the church. When we work hard and exercise our faith, God always blesses us... sometimes we just need a little patience. :)


Love,


Hermana Hansen




No comments:

Post a Comment