June 16, 2014
Well, this week we had Cambios on Wed and I received a new companion! Her name is Hermana Fuentes and she only speaks Spanish (a little bit of english, but we always speak in spanish together). She is from Guatamala and only has 2 transfers left in the mission. She is super sweet and fun and she knows how to cook lots of delicious things that we can´t cook now, because our fridge died about 2 weeks ago. But, when we get a new fridge she´s going to teach me how to cook all sorts of delicious things! Really, I can understand 90% of the things that she says and the other 10% of the time, we play charades until we understand each other! It´s quite the adventure, but this change is definitely going to help out my Spanish speaking ability.
Right now is a little slow for us, because we don´t have a lot of people to teach. But this has given us more time to focus on and help the members and menos activos here. Last week I actually learned how to make flour tortillas from one of our menos activos. She is awesome and actually sells food out of her house!
This e'mail is pretty short, but I just want you all to know that everyone is going to have slow times or rough times in their lives. I´ve discovered that during these times if we turn to the scriptures or to the Lord in prayer that things get better. I hope you´ll all remember this when you hit a rough patch of your own, that the Lord is aware of you and has blessings that he is just waiting to pour upon you. Just take some time to turn to him and ask for help. I love you all so much and I love the people and the culture here. Being a missionary is awesome!
Les Amo Mucho!