Temple Pic.

Temple Pic.
Tegucigalpa, Honduras Temple

Monday, May 5, 2014

Rain, Rain, and then some Rain! May 5 2014


Dear Familia,

I can't believe that mothers day is coming up so quickly and that I will get to talk to you guys next Sunday! I am definitely looking forward to getting to talk with all of you. Well I've learned a few things this week and want to share them with you. #1 Attitude is Everything. This is true for everyone, but especially out here in the mission. There are days that are rough and my companion and I feel a little discouraged and our lessons don't go as planned or we have no success contacting people. But, then there are days that I leave our house with the attitude that I am ready to baptize everyone that lives here in Marcala! And it's on these days that we find new investigators and that we are able to teach more fully with the spirit. So, just remember that if you are ever having a rough day change your attitude and your whole day will flip around! Second, I've learned how important it is to work with members. When we teach lessons with a member present (which unfortunately is not very often here) the spirit is that much stronger and these investigators are more likely to accept the Gospel. Also, when we recieve references from members those investigators are always more receptive to our message. I want to challenge all of you , if you have missionaries in your ward to ask them if you can help them or accompany them to any lessons. If you don't have any missionaries I want to challenge you to invite a non-member friend or aquaintence to go with you to some church activity. I promise that God will bless you for your efforts if you just try.

This week my companion and I went into this little store that sells ice cream and my companion ordered queso y fresa... which directly translated is cheese and strawberry icecream. I was a little worried at first until I realized that queso y fresa is equivalent to our strawberry cheesecake. It was a little interesting, but actually pretty good! Ah, also this week we have had rain like nobody's business! On Wed. around 12:30 it starting pouring, pouring rain and we had to wait inside of a members house for almost 2 hours before it finally slowed down enough for us to make it back to our house. And on top of that the electricity was out for 8 hours that day. Another time we got caught in the rain a nice old lady let us inside her house and made us a nice little drink. It was basically cold water with oats and a little bit of sugar... I would be happy to never have to drink that again because it was not very good. But, I was very grateful for her letting us in during the pouring rain. It has actually rained for the passed 4 days here and it has made all of the roads extrememly muddy. It has also made it extrememly difficult to do laundry, because our clothes have to hang outside to dry. But, really this week has been wonderful and we have found some investigators that I'm pretty excited to teach. I love you all so much and can't wait to talk to you on Sunday!

 

Much Love,

 

Hermana Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment