Temple Pic.

Temple Pic.
Tegucigalpa, Honduras Temple

Thursday, May 22, 2014

May 19 2014


May 19, 2014

At the beginning of this week my companion was really sick so we were in our house for an entire day. She slept most of the day regaining her energy while I read many articles en the ensigns, studied scriptures, and watched A LOT of church videos. This experience made me grateful that we have lessons and set things to be doing everyday, because just sitting in our house was definitely not the most exciting thing of the week. But, the most important thing is that she is feeling better now and we are back to work with our new familias and new investigators. More good news! This week was our recent convert (Wilmer's) birthday so we bought him a beautiful cake and this time we actually got to try a piece of it, ha ha. His mom told us that they didn't have much money right then, so that was going to be the only special thing they did for his birthday. It made me so happy that we had decided to do that for him!

Another day earlier in the week we met with one of our menos activos and were helping her make tortillas. She sells them every day and they make 1000 tortillas every day to sell! I thought that was so crazy, but while I was helping flip the tortillas I could feel these little pinches on my feet. I looked down, but couldn't see anything. After a while I switched my companion places so I could sit down and take a closer look and there were all of these tiny little black ants that had climbed into my shoes and were biting my feet and ankles. But no worries, after a few minutes I got them all off and only have a handful of red spots from there. Here the ants are a little more aggressive then, back home.

This Friday we had a Confrencia de Zona with our Mission President and it was really good. You can tell that he truly is an inspired man that is called of God to help guide us missionaries. He focused a lot in the prayer and the faith. He said that we need to pray specifically for our investigators and for the things that we are struggling with. So, this week my companion and I have been trying to be even more specific and ask God for help when we need it. Our Father in Heaven truly is willing to help us and even wants to help us, but we need to put forth the effort to kneel down humbly before him and ask in faith for those things that we need. He loves us more than we can imagine and being here on the mission has just proved that to me even more. I hope you all have a wonderful week! I love you all!

 

Much Love,

Hermana Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment