Temple Pic.

Temple Pic.
Tegucigalpa, Honduras Temple

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

My last week in the Mexico City CCM!


Hola!

 

So I'm going to apologize upfront for my e-mails getting progressively shorter each week, but not a lot can change here in the CCM! It is so crazy that I have approximately 4 days left here in the CCM, but I won't know for sure until I get my flight plans tonight or tomorrow! I am so so excited for this next adventure! Now it's time for the adventure of the week... I got the lovely opportunity to go the Mexico dentist, because my retainer popped off the back of my teeth my first week here. First off, the drive to the dentist lasted about 45 min. and it was the CRAZIEST 45 min. of my life! The little nurse guy that took me drove so fast and everyone drives so close to each other while they are weaving in and out of each other like crazy people! After the drive the Hermano that took me asked me if I would like to learn how to drive in his country. He was really funny!

This week my district (11A) and another district in my branch (11C) got to sing the EFY medley (In Spanish) at the Sunday devotional. It was really spiritual and a lot of the audience was in tears afterwards. The leaders thought it was so good that they made us stay after devotional so they could record it and use the audio for other presentations! Which is amazing, because if anyone had heard us at our first couple of practices they would not have let us preform. But, we practiced and practiced and definitely came a long way from then! It was an awesome experience and I loved it.

Later that same night, I had to say goodbye to the district in my branch that we had gotten really close to. As we were singing Para siempre Dios esté con Vos (God be with you til we meet again) we were all crying and it was a rough night, but the girls stayed in our casa until really late and then left so they could catch their bus to the airport at 2 o clock that morning. I was sad to see them go, but 18 months/24 months isn't that long, right?! Anyway, that night we all realized that that would by my district in a week which is so crazy!

As I said this e-mail is real short, but before I end it I want to share 5 things I've learned since being here:

1. Last service day I learned the proper way to fold fitted sheets (which will be a lifetime skill)

2. I've learned the most efficient way to clean a cafeteria tile floor with a bucket of soap water, a broom, and a squeegee.

3. Hard work is worth more than intellect

4. Obedience is key!

5. God is ALWAYS aware of his children (don't forget it!)

 

I love being here with all my heart, but I am so ready to meet the people of Honduras and learn to love them with all of my heart too! The church is true!

 

Love,

Hermana Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment